1. Submission For the first time, the submissions will be accepted by Filmfreeway.
2. Submission Format Films must be submitted via ONLINE screener ONLY. We do not accept films sent over by DVD. We do not accept subsequent cuts or more complete versions of submitted films, therefore changing or updating the originally submitted link is not accepted. Only one version of the film will be reviewed by programmers.
3. Submission Eligibility There is no premiere policy for films, they may have screened at other Festivals and/or online.
4. Subtitles For submission of films in English, Spanish or Portuguese, subtitles are NOT required. For films in other languages, subtitles are required to evaluate the curatorship. The subtitles can also be sent separately to email@example.com or made available for download.
5. Submission Fee All submissions for festival are to be paid through FilmFreeway platform. The submission fee is non-refundable.
6. Selection of Films Submissions are reviewed and selected under the following criteria: - Quality of narrative and production values.
7. Notification The festival inform all submitting parties, if their film has been successful or not. Successful submissions will receive important information on the Festival, press and publicity, guest accreditation, contact information and how to make the most of participating in the Festival.
8. Festival Categories:
1. Formatting - for screenplays ONLY Screenplays should be properly formatted.
2. Number of pages - for screenplays ONLY Screenplays should have an approximate length of 1-30 pages.
3. Language - for screenplays ONLY Screenplays must be in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
1. Subtitles - for selected films ONLY Selected films MUST provide a English, Spanish or Portuguese subtitles files. The subtitle can be sent separately for firstname.lastname@example.org or made available for download.
2. Festival Screenings - for selected films ONLY Selected films MUST provide a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) in order to be screened at the Festival. The film title MUST be clearly labelled on the DCP.
3. Scheduling - for selected films ONLY Screenings are scheduled at the discretion of festival. Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, the festival reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. The festival will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling. No film may be withdrawn from the festival programme after its selection.
4. Promotion - for selected films ONLY Selected films must acknowledge that the festival reserves the right to promote the films on website and social media using both images and video that you provide.
Our amazing jury consisted of industry professionals and some of the best critics, directors, designers, musicians and actors able to award the best audiovisual works with Jade Jaguar.
The Jade Jaguar Awards may be given by the festival in recognition of outstanding achievements in filmmaking in each categories: Screenplay, Narrative features, Short films, Animation, Experimental, Documentary, Music videos, Webseries, Food films and Family friendly features.
We are so happy and excited for all of the screenplay submited for the festival. The Jade Jaguar recognizes and honors screenwrites who demonstrate excellence in the creativity and technique. By awarding these outstanding scripts, the Jade Jaguar strives to support and inspire emerging screenwrites and to foster growth and education in the art and science of scripts. Submit your script!